In a segment that necessitates comfort and the ability to cover ground effortlessly, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT rewrites the rulebook. Designed to offer riders a unique Grand Touring experience, but engineered to be a true Sports bike underneath the touring parts, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT covers ground unlike any Sports Tourer on the market.
Thanks to its EURO 5 rated, 175 HP, 141 Nm KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R-derived, 1,301 cc V-twin engine, this is the class leader when it comes to punching a hole in the atmosphere or hauling in the horizon. But it’s not only forward momentum where the long-distance BEAST is true to its namesake.
The WP APEX semi-active suspension on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT works with a specific logic. The design approach to preload adjustability of the rear shock has been geared for the long-distance tourer and is very intuitive. The logic allows riders to set the suspension up according to four different real-life riding situations, namely: RIDER, RIDER & PILLION, RIDER & LUGGAGE, or RIDER, PILLION & LUGGAGE. On top of that, an anti-dive function is fitted as standard.
A new 7 inch-TFT display allows for quick and easy ride adjustment on the fly, thanks to a newly designed layout striking the perfect balance between information and style. The set-up is completed by the new robust switchgear that not only feels premium but also allows for intuitive interaction between the rider and the dash itself.
The KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT will also debut an all-new navigation system called Turn-by-turn PLUS that will further enhance the touring experience. TBT+ will be available via KTM connect. This allows navigation instructions to be projected directly on the new 7-inch TFT display, helping riders navigate more effectively. Turn-by-turn PLUS (TBT+) will be launched on the 2022 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT, with roll-outs to other models in the near future.
Powered by SYGIC®, TBT+ can also operate offline, allowing riders to plan their journey and adventure from remote locations, with the NAVIGATION feature using industry-standard mapping to guide riders to their destination of choice. There’s also an advanced search feature, and a diverse range of POIs (including gas stations, restaurants, rest stops), while the system lets you select one of your pre-saved destinations directly from the TFT dash. All the above features can be accessed directly from the new 7-inch TFT dash, while the rider no longer needs to remove their phone from the jacket pocket, making it more convenient and efficient for those quick on-the-fly changes. The new system also allows for waypoints to be skipped without prompting a turnaround. The system will merely recalculate and find the next available route to get you back on track. Also, the last 10 destinations searched are automatically saved and available directly on the dashboard.
2022 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT – HIGHLIGHTS
* Updated, EURO 5 LC8 V-twin
* 23-litre tank
* Lightweight wheels saving nearly 1 kg of unsprung mass
* All-new 7” TFT dashboard
* Turn-by-turn PLUS Navigation (TBT+)
* New handlebar switches
*Continental ContiSportAttack 4
* Optional PERFORMANCE MODE
* Optional TECH PACK
* Exclusive KTM SUPER DUKE GT specific CTG
- TORQUE 141 Nm
- TRANSMISSION 6-speed
- COOLING Liquid cooled
- POWER IN KW 128.7 kW
- STARTER Electric starter
- STROKE 71 mm
- BORE 108 mm
- CLUTCH PASC (TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- CO2 EMISSIONS 133 g/km
- DISPLACEMENT 1301 cm³
- EMS Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
- DESIGN 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- FUEL CONSUMPTION 5.7 l/100 km
- LUBRICATION Forced oil lubrication with 3 oil pumps
- TANK CAPACITY (APPROX.) 23 l
- ABS Bosch 9ME Combined ABS (incl. cornering ABS and supermoto mode, disengageable)
- FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER 320 mm
- REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER 240 mm
- FRONT BRAKE Brembo four-piston radial fixed calliper, brake disc
- REAR BRAKE Brembo twin-piston fixed calliper, brake disc
- CHAIN 525 X-Ring
- FRAME DESIGN Chrome-moly tubular space frame, powder-coated
- FRONT SUSPENSION WP Semi-active suspension USD Ø 48 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE 141 mm
- REAR SUSPENSION WP SAT (semi-active technology) shock absorber
- SEAT HEIGHT 835 mm
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE 65.1 °
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (FRONT) 125 mm
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (REAR) 156 mm